Garage Band Brewing Company in Plainfield Illinois is seeking craft beer enthusiasts to tend bar and assist customers. As a beer server at Garage Band Brewing Company you will pour and serve beer to customers following established guidelines as well as procedures/policies outlined by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission. You will interact with customers in a professional manner. The beer server pours beer, rings guest checks, collects cash or swipes credit cards. The beer server also ensures a clean workspace is maintained for both her/himself and for guests. This job also requires changing kegs, maintaining restrooms and nightly cleanup.
Garage Band Brewing Company takes pride in having a staff that is knowledgeable and passionate about craft beer. The craft beer scene in Illinois is growing rapidly and Garage Band Brewing Company is committed to having an excellent selection of craft beer available on tap and for retail purchase.
Primary accountabilities include:
• Manage the bar area through serving customers draft beer, growler filling, washing glasses in our glass washer, keeping the bar area clean, putting glassware and other items away, ensuring the bar area is maintained and customers are served timely and appropriately.
• Managing the point of sale system and cash register as customers purchase beer and retail items.
• Answer customer questions both in person and over the phone.
• Stock shelves with inventory. • Maintain a clean environment throughout the taproom by cleaning tables, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms etc.
• Change beer kegs.
• A passion for craft beer is a must.
• Strong communication skills.
• Outstanding customer service skills – all applicants must be comfortable striking up a conversation with customers, ensuring they are satisfied throughout their stay and be committed to learning customer names.
• Strong knowledge of craft beer styles, ability to distinguish and explain the differences between the various styles and explain the characteristics of the beer being served.
• Maintain full knowledge of ingredients and other pertinent information about our beer.
• Maintain basic knowledge of our brewing equipment.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to self-prioritize and complete multiple unrelated tasks.
• Ability to quickly recognize what needs to be done and complete tasks without direction.
• Excellent and demonstrated collaboration skills with fellow team members.
• Willingness to have fun in the workplace.
• A demonstrated respect for diverse cultures and lifestyles. Garage Band Brewing Company seeks to create an environment where all are welcome to enjoy quality beer in a responsible environment.
• Candidates must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
• BASSET Certification
• Cicerone Certification
• Strong organizational skills.
• Familiarity with the Illinois craft beer scene demonstrated through visits to local breweries, knowledge of local brands.
Job Type: Part-time
• Beertender: 1 year (Preferred)
Qualified candidates please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org